Saturday, October 16, 2010

My Fate With A Stick.

Just two days ago I was bored out of my wits and started to feel like the whole damn world owes me. So I decided to get out of the house. The moment I stepped out of the house, anything and everything got into my way. A car suddenly cuts into my lane without signaling. A motorbike was riding slowly in the middle of the road. I get red lights all the way through my journey. Things like that.

Right after lunch as I was going to bank-in some cheques, I've decided to stop by the Goddess of Mercy (Kuan Yin) temple for some much needed prayer for strength, focus and inner peace. I proceeded to burn the joss sticks, light the candle sticks and say my prayers. Just before I do the last rite of burning the bundle of joss paper, I've decided to give the 100 sticks of fate a try. It is quite a common sight at this temple that you hear the wooden sticks knocking against the brass holder and for me this is the third time that I've tried this, out of which one was denied. You can imagine how pathetic I was. 

Before you get to ask Goddess of Mercy (Kuan Yin) for any answers to your calamities or troubles, you need to ask permission first using the Buddha's lips. I proceeded to tell Goddess of Mercy my problems and I was probably a quarter through my story and I've already gotten myself an answer in the form of a stick. Again, you need to get confirmation by throwing the Buddha's lips on the floor. Once confirmed, I showed the stick to the uncle behind the wooden counter and he gave me a piece of paper with Chinese characters that has ancient meanings and supposedly my answer to my question. 

So, you'd be wondering the answer and the answer to my trouble is, I need to make do with what I have now and stick with it. Things will be better after this Chinese new year and good opportunities will come my way then. But it did not answer my question of "which", which is quite disappointing and I have absolutely no idea on how things will turn around for the better.

Well I guess whether I got my complete answer or not, I know one thing's for sure. The trip to the temple made me calmer, like it always does. I think inner peace and balance are what I need. Just like Master Shifu in the movie - Kung Fu Panda. 

[daily disco dose]
Jamiroquai - White Knuckle Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment